Saturday, January 29, 2011

Parks and Recreation returns as 30 Rock shines

This semester is killing me, much like the cold, possibly flu I currently have. So, I haven't had the time to update this blog, sadly.

However, this week for the BG News, I reviewed episode one of what is currently the funniest show on television, "Parks and Recreation." Words cannot adequately express my happiness now that the show is back on the air.

So, check out my review of "Parks and Rec" at BGNews.com.

Not only was last week's season premiere funny, but "the Flu," last night's episode, also delivered, largely thanks to Aubrey Plaza's April and Rashida Jones' Ann's hilarious hospital beside exchanges. Everyone, do yourselves a favor, please watch this show. If you watched season one and didn't find it funny, forget about that opinoin you formed and come in with an open mind, becasuse the show has become amazing.

Also, "30 Rock" was quite hilarious last night, mainly for making fun of the Jack/Liz shippers, even if this hilarious scene got the annoying OneRepublic song in my head.



My personal favorite joke? Upon the success of the NBC telethon for Mel Gibson and Jon Gosselin's private island, according to Jack, "It was our highest rating since that episode of 'SVU' when the detectives watched 'American Idol,'" which I took to be a blatant jab at the "Office" episode from November which revolved around a viewing party for "Glee."

This network. I think the Jan. 14 episode of "SNL" summarized it best:

2 comments:

  1. I have been a fan of Parks and Rec since the beginning and I'm really glad people are finally getting into it (it does seem to have picked up the pace a bit this season and become more of a "classic" sitcom, but thankfully hasn't dumbed down). Even my almost-teen daughter, who originally pronounced it "boring" has been getting into it the last couple of weeks.

    Adam Scott and Rob Lowe are great additions too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching this show and I have to say this is one of my favorite shows on TV. I started watching because of Aziz but it is a great cast. I actually started watching it on DISHonline.com. DISHonline is a website that has thousands of free TV episodes and movies. I work at DISH and the best part is even if you're not a DISH customer yet you can still access free content.

    ReplyDelete