Monday, August 2, 2010

TV Tropes: taking time-wasting to a whole new level

Since I love making people waste time with TV or on the Internet, I feel as though I have to share this.

My own Internet kryptonite, ONTD, was named on Urlesque's list of the most addictive websites ever. It was on that list I found out about a pop culture junkie's paradise, TV Tropes.

It's a fantastic database listing all of media's cliches and common plot elements, and it's yet another one of the Internet's black holes. I'm currently writing this entry at 6:00 a.m., hours after I had originally planned to do so. Why? TV Tropes.

The site explains such phenomena as "The Danza," where characters are named after the actors (I say this is often due to actor stupidity or subtle reflections of real life, like Tracy Jordan/Morgan on 30 Rock, regardless of reports otherwise), like (Hold Me Closer) Tony Danza. I also enjoy the "Cluster F Bomb" page, which I don't think I need to explain. But I could go on and on.

Just take a gander at the site, and I will accept rage-filled comments for making you waste more time on the Internet. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

    tv channels

    ReplyDelete