Friday, October 1, 2010

It feels like 2006 all over - The Office is hilarious again

We have a shocking development:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is so nice to be able to say that Thursday's episode of "the Office" was quite funny. I rarely say that these days, but there were some great moments throughout the episode.

The vocal inflection Steve Carell would put into Michael's voice when talking to Toby was genius, as were some of his facial expressions, such as when he rested his head on his folded fists and told Toby to "take two of these and call me in the morning" ... and by "these," he means two quick and hilarious flips of the bird. His saccharine smiles were killer. Plus, his "confessions," such as "I was sitting the other night, eating my penis. I mean, peas ... I was probed," were just pure Michael.

Dwight "was taking Mose to get his blood pressure taken at the Rite Aid." I don't really know why I found this line so funny, but I do. Only because I can't see Mose and Dwight going into a drugstore for ANYTHING. They probably create their own homemade Vicodin. Actually, Dwight's entire description of his so-called discrimination was hilarious (even if that scenario wasn't so great, it didn't bring the episode down).

The best moment? Dwight hiring Mose to make a day-care center in the Scranton Business Park. His decoration? AN INSANE CLOWN POSSE POSTER. For those of you who know me, I am amused and horrified by Juggalos, so this was just brilliant. I rarely laugh very loud, but I was cackling at that moment. That moment alone was better than anything in season six for me.

Pam's "Office Administrator" plot could backfire on her, but due to the messy bureaucracy in an office, it could very well work. Gabe is timid enough to let it go on, so long as he can feign ignorance if Jo were to find out.


It's strange, it was the weird nuances by the actors that made this show. The way Kelly did not hesitate in saying that she talks so much, she no longer listens to herself was genius. Sure, there were some great one-liners, but it was the simple things that made it work. I was worried Steve had "checked out" of being Michael Scott this season since he's leaving, but I think he delivered a great performance.

I sure hope they can keep up the momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment